What is it to be a Writer?

Home Forums Writer’s Forums What is it to be a Writer?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of ExLibris ExLibris 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ExLibris
    ExLibris
    Keymaster

Anyone can write…from letters to graffiti to classifieds to….. But what is it to write fiction– more so even– poetry?

It takes courage…to bare our souls and GIVE of ourselves in the hope that we can enlighten, entertain, or even inform others– and ourselves sometimes. There was a time when my best “writing” never saw the light of day. It was written on restaurant napkins in the dead of night…. At the time, I just wanted to “sort some things out”. I never made a dime off those napkins….but I was able to make sense of some of the chaos going on in my life at the time….

Poetry it’s obvious that we carefully– or not so carefully– strip away the armor that we think is ourselves….but what about fiction? In writing fiction, usually we write about characters that are parts of ourselves that we sometimes dare not show to the world. True, we can write about things that we have no experience on, but soon we are exposed for being what we are at that moment– fake.

What does writing mean to you?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.